Saturday, December 3, 2011

waiting on the Lord

The Lord continues to grow my patience. I think if we only had $___, then we'd be further along and I'd be that much closer to getting our child. But I remind myself that thinking that way is not helpful, or profitable. I'm waiting on the Lord's timing. I have to remind myself that God is Sovereign and that I can't see the big picture like He does. At times, I think, "we're in a recession, no one will be able to give" but then God intervenes and tells me that He is bigger than a recession and to keep my eyes on the cross. I get on my knees and talk to God about it, and then I receive an email or phone call that says "we're sending you something for your adoption" ... I think God just really wants to grow my prayer life. God says in James 5:16 "prayer of a righteous man powerful and effective" When I am reluctant to ask, I think about how Micah will ask us for something and how we help him. It says in Matthew 7:11"If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"

The Lord continues to grow my level of long-suffering. There is a little orphan that is completely worth it all. There is so much involved with the adoption process, we are working so hard at fundraising, and I don't even know his or her name. At times, I lose heart and forget why we're doing this. And other times, usually when I hear the boys giggle or see a sweet smile, I'm reminded of why we're doing this adoption thing. I think about Jesus on the cross and all the pain He went through to rescue my soul, and I persevere through the doubt. It wasn't east for Him. He never quit. He gave His life for me, to rescue my soul.

-Anticipating

No comments:

Post a Comment