God continues to be gracious to us and provide for us...We got a $2500 matching grant!! I know that God will provide the other $2500!
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
I/We are currently...
- preparing for a Mommy's-only adoption retreat "created for care"- speakers, fellowship, connecting with other congo families, spending time with Auburn friends who have adopted
- in the homestudy- getting fingerprinted, filling out forms, reading books, writing autobiographies
- fundraising- trusting God for about $1000 to have homestudy finalized in the next few months
- excited that we have about 7 months until we learn the child's name, medical records and get a picture
- finished reading "There is no me without you" by Melissa Fay Greene- awesome biography of an Ethiopian woman who became a foster mother to 250+ orphans. Most of them were left parentless due to AIDS.
- learning more and more about trusting God, not man, to provide. Romans 8:32 says "He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all--how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?"