Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Day's 3 and 4: Big adjustments

The internet and our VPN have been sketchy, so I"m not able to post as much as I would like!

We've had an exciting couple of days. We are learning a lot of Cantonese, and Meiqi Hannah is learning a lot about boundaries, English and love. She's had a lot of firsts: first escalator rides and first time to read a book with an adult (I think). We read a page of "Goodnight Moon" together. She repeated what I read. We've learned, with the help of our translator, that she has no reading and writing skills.

Meiqi Hannah loves baths (3x day!) and eating! Two things, I assume, she's never had much of. As soon as we get back to the room, she jumps in the bath and puts on clean clothes. She eats a noodle bowl (like Raman noodles) every few hours. She carries her backpack around with all of her stuff in it everywhere we go. I think she's afraid of losing it all.

She knows how to test the boundaries. We are learning a lot about sacrificial love.

Please pray for us! Sometimes we are at a loss as to what to do.

2 comments:

  1. From my very limited experiences with other families, I feel like these are normal things and that is a good thing. Praying for peace and wisdom.

    ReplyDelete