Friday, February 1, 2013

It's been awhile...



We've had some exciting times the past couple of months.....

  • Hannah received her Christmas care package with much joy. The Nannies tell us she would not stop rambling about her new family. She told everyone how excited she is to have a Daddy who is "so tall" (ba ha ha-Todd is 5'6") and brothers that are so little. Hannah told the Nanny's "Don't cut my hair! I'm going to America and all the girls have long hair." They sent us a ton of pictures!
On the trampoline in the orphanage
We sent her a book of pictures of the family and our house and said "We will be your Mommy and Daddy"
and had some Chinese friends translate it for us.
I love her dimple!
My favorite... she is kissing me!!!
PLEASE consider helping us
bring Hannah home!!!!!!!

  • Still fundraising! Still have about $12,000 to go that is all due before we travel. We are so thankful for all of you who have been so generous!! If you are interested in giving...

  1. Donate to our yard sale, or come shop - Lord willing, on February 9 at our house .
  2. Give to our non profit/tax deductible account (they send the money to our agency to pay the fees) ..... https://www.hhmin.org/make_donation_projects.php 
        - under project category, look for "adoption"
        - under project, look for our names "Todd and Kim Pate"
        - Enter in your name, address, etc.
        - They will send you a receipt



  • Getting Hannah's room ready. I'm doing some serious "nesting."
  • Making travel preperations. We have about 2 months left until travel time.
  • Hannah turns 10 on February 2, which is also my Mom's  (Granny) birthday. We are excited to celebrate both birthdays this weekend. Our sweet Auburn friends are throwing us a shower on Saturday. Everyone has been so kind and generous to us. We are SO grateful. It's truly taking a "village" to bring this child home!
  • Went to the Created for Care retreat in Atlanta last weekend- much encouragement and practical tips from other adoptive Mom's and professionals. I was reminded how much God loves me and cares for me. "I am the Mommy God loves" He rescued me when I was spiritually orphaned. He loves me big. And that I am commanded to LOVE BIG...love my kids big, love my husband big, love myself big, love God big.

So, What Now?
We are waiting for our travel approval from the chinese government. When we get that, we will get our in-country court date and be able to make our travel arrangements.

So, what are you going to do about school?
Well, we are going to listen to the Lord as He leads us. We've been told by the social workers and Doctor's that adopted kids usually do best at home for the first 6 months. The main reason is to be able to work on bonding and attachment as a family. We will re-evaluate at the end of the summer. The boys will still be home. Elijah will be 3. Micah will be 5 and doing some kindergarten homeschool. I have a feeling that Micah will be Hannah's best teacher. We are prepared and willing to keep all three home. If you're still reading this, you are probably thinking I am crazy. Well, yes, I am!!

2 comments:

  1. I think you are CRAZY AWESOME!!!! Love you guys, and can't wait to celebrate this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update and letting us be part of the "village" bringing Hannah home!! What a blessing to hear the Lord's faithfulness and provision through your journey. We will be in Auburn the weekend of your yard sale so I will have to come shop! ;)

    ReplyDelete